Sunday, February 16, 2014

My Little Pony 8th Birthday Party!

So, my oldest daughter turned EIGHT years old on February 7th. I just cannot believe that it has been that long. I know, I know. Eight years is nothing, wait until she's 16, or in college, or a mother to her own child(ren). I know. But, holy cow.

Audrey debated for a few weeks but we finally decided on having a My Little Pony (MLP)-themed party for her birthday this year. I didn't really watch any of the shows or whatnot before and I haven't really watched any of the new ones. So getting into this theme was a little more difficult than other parties I have put together.

So with the help of Audrey, Google, and Pinterest, this is how her party went (and yes, I know that some of the things are "wrong" or "don't fit", but I made them work for my needs!):





Cute banner that Audrey ADORED from Oriental Trading.
Great quality, currently STILL hanging in our living room.



A peek of the streamers I put up last minute along with the tissue paper
fringe that I made via a tutorial from Kelly at one of my favorite DIY pages, 
Studio DIY. That tissue paper fringe is also still currently up in our living
room. My super-creative MIL asked if the fringe was to resemble the
tails of the ponies! How I wish I could have taken credit for that thought!!



The food spread, minus the food just yet.

Tablecloth is from Wal Mart (the ONLY decent one I found!), the
platters (purple, green, and pink), the treat bags, and most items
in the bags, are from Party City. My cupcake stand came from
World Market from a few years ago. I actually use that in my office for
ribbons and other odds and ends. The caddy with napkins, utensils,
and plates came from Sam's Club (and everyone adores it!).


Pinky Pie's Sweet Shoppe. 
Strawberry mini cupcakes with vanilla frosting and
chocolate mini cupcakes with chocolate frosting with
both flavors bathed in rainbow nonpareils.


Applejack's Applesauce.



Just a little bit of rainbow candy.




These streamers were quite fun for a lot of the smaller kids. I should
have just put a whole line of it down in the playroom for them all to
just tucker out playing with it.



Another photo of my glorious fringe. I absolutely
adore it!



Not great lighting, but this is a rainbow paper latern banner
I picked up from Party City. Bought it to add color to the other
side of the room from the MLP banner.



Alright! Brought out the veggies and fruit, so here's that!


Fluttershy's Farm Fresh Veggies
(One of the things I tweaked to work for me.)

Green peppers, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, celery, and 
baby carrots. Sour cream/ranch mix dip. Biiiig hit with our
family!



Rainbow Dash's Fruit Boom.
(This was orginially going to be skewers, but we compromised!)
Strawberries, canteloupe. pineapple, kiwi, and grapes. Also a
huge hit with the family. We couldn't keep the fruits and veggies stocked
up enough to keep up with everyone grubbin' on it!



Candy/present table.


The birthday girl!





Everyone had a great time and the kids really enjoyed their treat bags. We also handed out the left over treat bags from Claire's fourth birthday party of Jake and the Neverland Pirates! So the boys really enjoyed that, too. Audrey received some pretty great gifts and is currently enjoying every single one of them.

Thanks for reading!


-Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment