Friday, February 21, 2014

Canvases!

We're snowed in today! Minnesota had about 12+ inches dumped on it all day yesterday, overnight and this morning. Between the snowfall, the winds, and snow drifts, we're well past knee-deep in snow! My husband made it to the next town over for his college class this morning, but heading home was a different story. So, needless to say, I'm staying home from work this evening. So! You guys get a blog post! Yay!


A good friend of mine that I graduated high school with had chatted with me on FB about ordering some canvases she'd like made up for her living room. She sent me some screen shots of pictures she'd seen. We further chatted about coloring and sizes and she was just pretty much like, "Ok, sure. Whatever all that means, just do it!" Lol. I get so caught up and wanting to make sure I capture exactly what the individual wants that I smother them with questions. So, I apologize in advance if this happens to you!

She specifically ordered a canvas to say "You be the anchor that keeps my feet on the ground, I'll be the wings that keep your heart in the clouds" in the shape of an anchor. She showed me a picture of one she found online and I ran with it. I googled the quote more and decided to stick with the similar color scheme.

(via my wonderful Instagram photo-taking skills)

It isn't perfectly symmetrical. There are a ton of imperfections I see.
But the individual loves it. And it's getting a lot of positive feedback
from friends and family on FB. So I -MUST- be doing something right!

I just have to remind myself of that!



Sneak Peek of another piece for this individual:

(via my wonderful Instagram photo-taking skills)

Notice my totally awesome drying area (a box with a tote lid on it).
Do what I gotta do!

She also ordered a canvas trio with a cross, anchor, and a heart with
corresponding scriptures. I've got a few more layers of paint for the
words to go, but I think it's turning out pretty great! Sat down this morning
and just focused on getting them painted and the words on. 

I have one more project to go for her (for this order) and then I can
ship them off! She's almost jumping out of her skin with pure
excitement to get her hands on these and put them up at home!
Love the love she has for this!


Check back in a couple of days for an update on this order! I can't wait to share all this with you!



-Erin


No comments:

Post a Comment